*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
An air conditioner is a machine that treats the air in an enclosed area via a refrigeration cycle. In this, the warm air is removed and replaced with cooler and more humid air. A system that has the mechanism for heating, ventilation and air conditioning is referred to as HVAC. Carrier air conditioners have a top-notch reputation in the industry. They are renowned for the quality of their products that offer high capacity, SEER, and other advanced features. When you choose an air conditioner, you have to consider factors such as its features, reliability, cost, and customer service to get the best out of your investment.
Buying a new air conditioner can be a stressful experience. There are three main things to consider when buying a new air conditioner. First, you need to know the type of unit you need. Many go wrong by choosing the oversized units that may not suit your needs. Also, the model should be efficient and economical. Finally, the unit must be installed by qualified professionals which should result in a hassle-free and efficient performance.
At the outset, you need to hire a contractor who can calculate how much of cooling your home will need and the size of the unit you need for maximum efficiency. The contractor should examine all aspects of your space. The measurements he makes should be in accordance with the rules set forth by authorities. Factors such as the number of people in your home, the type of roof, and the indoor and outdoor temperatures also play a role in determining the air conditioner you would require.
Discuss with the contractor the cooling load calculations and clear all doubts. Get a print out of the information and make sure you are well-informed about all the aspects of the unit and installation. Most experienced AC contractors who suggest the right brand and model for better performance.
An investment in a high-efficiency unit can give you maximum efficiency and savings on the energy budget. Such units will have a SEER of 13 or higher. If you are replacing a unit, it is advisable to replace it wholly for more efficiency. The common problems with a new air conditioner are duct leaks and disconnected ducts. Ensure that the contractor does a good job while installing the unit leaving no room for duct leaks or disconnected ducts.
Proper installation of the AC unit will ensure it operates with greater efficiency. Different models of AC will have different installation requirements. While installing the inside of the coil, ensure that there is no hindrance to cleaning the unit. It is important to clean the unit periodically. Avoid installation at a place that receives direct sunlight. Allow free-flowing air for better performance. Make sure that the unit is safe from debris and other foreign objects. A professional contractor can help with proper installation.
[amazon box=”B003U51LQE, B0120UD6EY, B07KPMK3ZV, B07M9SPXM2 ” template=”table”]
What is a Carrier?
An air conditioner is a machine that treats the air in an enclosed area via a refrigeration cycle in which warm air is removed and replaced with cooler and more humid air. A system that has the mechanism for heating, ventilation and air conditioning is referred to as HVAC.
Carrier air conditioners offer a wide range of SEER ratings to choose from, ranging from 13 SEER models which meet minimum federal standards, all the way up to their Infinity Series, 21 SEER high-efficiency model. Carrier air conditioners are manufactured according to strict quality standards by United Technologies (UT). They also manufacture other big HVAC brand names, such as Bryant, Heil, and Day & Night. Carrier air conditioners include:
Carrier Comfort Air Conditioners
These are their basic ACs that provides the best value for their customers.
Carrier Performance Air Conditioners
These are mid-line Carrier ACs with similar SEER ratings to the Comfort series, more efficient, and with some extra features.
Carrier Infinity Air Conditioners
The top-of-the-line Carrier AC units.
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and shows the efficiency of an air conditioner. Higher the SEER value, the more efficient a unit is.
Carrier Air Conditioners come in a variety of efficiency ranges such as:
- Carrier Comfort Series Air Conditioners-from 13 SEER to 16 SEER
- Carrier Performance Series Air Conditioners-from 13 SEER to 17 SEER
- Carrier Infinity Series Air Conditioners-from 16 SEER to 21 SEER
Carrier Performance 14 AC Unit comes with multi and variable-speed compressor technology and higher SEER value. The Carrier High-End Model such as Carrier Infinity 21 Air Conditioner offers up to 21 SEER cooling efficiency, low 65 decibels, superior humidity and temperature control.
The two-stage compressor offers better comfort and quiet operation. It has the compressor sound blanket and “Silencer System II,” and design filter drier system. The “WeatherArmor Ultra” protection offers protection from moisture and contaminants. It uses non-ozone depleting “Puron” R-410a refrigerant, and the unit comes with a 10-year parts limited warranty.
The SEER value and noise level of various models of Carrier air conditioners are as follows:
- Carrier Infinity 21 AC Unit
- Carrier Infinity 19 VS “Variable Speed”
- Carrier Performance 17 Air Conditioner
- Carrier Performance 14 “Slimline” AC
- Carrier Comfort 14 Air Conditioner
- 65 Decibels
- 56 Decibels
- 72 Decibels
- 66 Decibels
- 72 Decibels
The price of the air conditioners is based on the model, efficiency, capacity, and other features. Installation and transportation also may impact pricing. The price ranges from about $3000 to about $6000 with the installation. You may find the right price from the dealer directly for the model of your choice.
How it Compares
We picked the following similar products available on the market to see how they compare.
Carrier Air Conditioner
Price varies with the model. It depends on the capacity, efficiency, and features the air conditioner offers. For instance, a lower priced model such as Carrier 24ABB3**C with 13 SEER costs about $1, 375 for the unit and the cost of the unit with installation is about $2,990.
A higher-end model such as Carrier 24ANB1 with 21 SEER costs of about $3,795 for the unit and the unit with installation costs about $5,950
A medium-priced model such as Carrier 24ANB6 with 16 SEER costs about $2,295 for the unit and the unit with installation costs about $4,250.
The prices above are just indicative. You may find the correct price of the model of your choice by contacting the dealer near you directly.
Ease of Use
Easy to use.
It varies. An average Career air conditioner installation takes about 4-8 hours.
Carrier offers a limited warranty of 10 years for parts and compressor of the Air conditioners.
- The Carrier model air conditioners come with higher SEER for efficiency
- High capacity and more energy efficient
- A bit pricey
- Goodman is an affordable air conditioner brand. It is one of the best deals on the market, and you get a premium air conditioner at an affordable cost. It has the same internal components that are used in the expensive brands of air conditioners. They are solid, reliable, and made in Texas. Plus, they have the best warranty pay-out program on the market.
- Various models of Goodman air conditioners are available with advanced features. For instance the Goodman 4 Ton 16 SEER Air Conditioner R-410a GSX160481 comes with an energy-efficient compressor, factory-installed filter drier, fully charged for 15′ of tubing length. It uses R-410a coolant. This AC comes with a 10-year parts limited warranty and installed by qualified people. It comes with a dimension of 35 1/2W x 35 1/2D x 39 1/2H, 208 voltage, 230-1 Phase, 3/8 Liquid Line Valve Connection, and 7/8 Suction Line Valve Connection.
Price varies with different models. For instance, Goodman 4 Ton 16 SEER Air Conditioner R-410a GSX160481 is sold by Amazon at a price of about $1,578.00 with free shipping.
Ease of Use
Easy for use
About 4-8 hours
This comes with a 10-year parts limited warranty provided it is installed by a qualified installer and registered online.
- Offers 10 years limited warranty
- High-quality components used
- You may have to buy accessories such as thermostats, line sets, and outdoor sensors
- Various models of Lennox air conditioners are available. For instance, the model XC25 is an advanced innovation that delivers energy-smart, year-round comfort. It has been designated as one of the Most Efficient ENERGY STAR certified products in 2018 that helps to prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting rigorous energy efficiency performance levels set by authorities.
- Because it is solar ready, the XC25 can be easily combined with solar roof modules in a SunSource(R) Home Energy System. This helps to save on energy cost. The XC25 is the finest air conditioner Lennox makes, and one of the main components of the Ultimate Comfort System(TM). It is also compatible with the entire line of Dave Lennox Signature(R) Collection equipment, for a truly unmatched comfort.
- Precise Comfort(TM) Technology enables variable speed airflow, combined with variable capacity heating and cooling, that keeps the temperature held exactly where you want it.
Find a dealer close to you online for price details of the model you prefer.
Ease of Use
Easy for use
About 4-8 hours
Typically, the Dave Lennox Signature(R) Collection Series products come with 10 years on covered components, 10 years on compressor, 20 years or Limited Lifetime on heat exchanger (depending upon model). Contact your dealer for the warranty offered on your model
- Offers energy-smart, year-round comfort
- Precise Comfort(TM) Technology enables variable speed airflow with variable heating and cooling capacity
- Needs checking for price and warranty from the dealer for the model of your choice
- Trane was founded in Wisconsin in 1885 by James Trane, a plumber who grew his reputation with a low-pressure heating system he invented to combat harsh winters. Despite being founded as a heating company, Trane Air Conditioning and Heating now supplies a full line of air conditioning and heating equipment, including residential and commercial HVAC.
- Trane also manufactures a full line of all HVAC equipment, including heat pumps, air conditioners, heaters, oil furnaces, gas furnaces, package units, and ductless systems. Various models are available. For instance, the XL 16i TRANE 4TWX6024H1000AB comes with 2-ton capacity has a split-system heat pump. Made in the USA, it comes with 16 SEER, 208-230 voltage, Phase 1, HSPF rating 9, and factory charged 7.5 pounds R-410A refrigerant. The connections are 3/8″X3/4″ sweat type.
Sold by Amazon for a price of about $2,891.00 with free shipping.
Ease of Use
Easy for use
About 4-8 hours
Please contact the seller directly for warranty information of this product.
- More affordable
- Check for any antimicrobial feature and noise level of the model of your choice
An air conditioner helps to treat the air in an enclosed area via a refrigeration cycle. During this, the warm air is removed and replaced with cooler and more humid air. A system with a mechanism for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning is referred to as HVAC.
Of the brands of air conditioners compared, Carrier air conditioner has an edge over competitors. Various models of Carrier are available with varying capacity, high SEER, and low decibel levels. They come with superior humidity and temperature control having variable-speed compressor technology for quiet operation. It uses non-ozone depleting “Puron” R-410 a refrigerant, and the unit comes with a 10-year parts limited warranty.
The Carrier High-End Model such as Carrier Infinity 21 Air Conditioner offers up to 21 SEER cooling efficiency, low 65 decibels, has the compressor sound blanket and “Silencer System II,” and design filter drier system. The “WeatherArmor Ultra” protection offers protection from moisture and contaminants.
With a Carrier air conditioner, you are assured of quality. You will enjoy a super efficient air conditioning system that Carrier offers to keep the interiors cool at the desired level always.
We Rate Carrier Air Conditioners